Thursday, December 27, 2007

Reflections of the Season

Wow, this holiday season has flown by! I love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but perhaps even more so, I love the weeks leading up to it...the decorating, the music, the spirit, buying gifts for family and friends, spending time with the people I love. I'm always reminded of how truly blessed I am at this time of the year. This year was no exception.

It was wonderful and I enjoyed it, but now I'm ready for a little bit of down time and then getting back into a routine. We are planning on spending New Year's at Lake Oconee with Griff's family, at his sister's lake house. We'll go out either Saturday or Sunday and spend several days playing games, cooking, and relaxing. It's a great way to spend the last few days of the year.

It's exciting to think about the New Year. Griff's declared it the Year of the Body and subtitled it the Year of the Pocket. Our goals: Be Healthy and Pay off Debt. It's always nice to have some focus and a plan. I need to post an update about our experience with You on a Diet, suffice it to say we're both ending this holiday season weighing less than when we started. I'll go into more details next week, but I call it a success to make it through the season without gaining weight!

I hope your holidays were wonderful and that you were able to enjoy time with friends and family and experiencing the joy of the season.

No comments: