Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cheers!

Happy New Year! We spent a great long weekend at Lake Oconee with Griff's family. We played games, cooked and enjoyed great company. Sage went with us and was SO good! She's been great lately, after a rough couple of weeks during the holidays. She spent Christmas at my parent's house and Griff's parents house and now spent several days at the lake house with no accidents and just being really sweet. Our niece's puppy, Maggie, was there and she and Sage played quite a bit. Sage was so worn out when we got home yesterday, she just laid on the couch and slept for hours.

Griff and I put together a fabulous meal out of Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook that I got for Christmas. We ate at Mesa Grill while we were in New York last month and really enjoyed it. We made a spicy pork tenderloin and sweet potato tamales, a chopped salad, and great corn muffins with a spicy jalapeno-cranberry jelly. And we had chocolate corn pone with chocolate custard for dessert. All kinds of yummy! It literally took us hours to make, but it was so much fun and everyone seemed to love it.

New Years Eve was pretty low key. The lake house is right across from the Ritz, so at midnight we paused our canasta game and stepped out on the deck to watch the fireworks. Griff and I won our annual end of the year canasta game, to be deemed 2007 canasta champions. We came home pretty early yesterday and I got most of our decorations down, with the exception of the tree in our bedroom, I really wanted to enjoy it for one more night. I'll take it down by the weekend and we'll lug all our stuff back to Griff's parents for storage.

I'm excited about starting the new year and have thought about some great resolutions to tackle this year!

1 comment:

Nicole Puckett said...

I'm always intrigues with your meals... It's impressive how you always try new recipes... It takes alot for me to decide to try somthing new... I just can't live with failure:)