Friday, November 30, 2007

It's That Time...

I'm so excited because this weekend we're going to be pulling out the Christmas decorations and buying our tree! I love getting all the decorations out and making our house look all festive and cozy.

One of my favorite things about our house at Christmas time is that I get to have my own Christmas tree in our bedroom! I have a great little sitting area that has just enough room for a full size tree (we use a fake one in the bedroom and get a real one for the dining room). I love to fall asleep with the Christmas lights on. It kind of makes up for the fact that we have a tiny living room without enough space for a tree. We put it in the corner of our dining room. For the month of December I sit on my husband's side of our sectional couch just so I can see the tree in my peripheal vision.

We also will be painting our front door and apparently the guest bathroom too (my husband just brought this up today). We're getting ready for our annual Christmas party we'll be hosting next weekend. My husband and I both always hosted Christmas parties, even before we met each other, so now it's a big tradition. This is the 3rd one since we got married and moved into our house. I'm looking forward to it so much!

I'll have lots of pictures to share when the decorating is done!

No comments: